You no doubt already know what a well designed and maintained landscape can do for your commercial or residential property, but are you getting all that you can out your landscape if it’s not properly lit? We regret to inform you that if you haven’t invested in landscape lighting, only half of your landscape’s value-boosting potential has been tapped.
There are a ton of benefits you can expect to reap once you invest in landscape lighting, namely safety and security. When your commercial or residential property is covered in darkness, the chances of someone missing a step or tripping over something decorative and hurting themselves is high. Providing visitors and residents with the necessary light to see their surroundings lowers the chances of injury and increases safety. And when you eliminate dark pockets in a yard or green space, doing away with any potential hiding spots, you can deter people from trespassing or loitering on your property.
Now, these are obviously two very practical benefits of investing in landscape lighting, but don’t forget the esthetic value outdoor lighting can add. There are a number of different lighting techniques that can be applied to your property to create a nighttime scene that looks like it should be on a canvas in a museum rather than exist in real life.
Of course, the only way to reap the many benefits of landscape lighting is to find experienced, licensed and insured electrical contractors who can design, install and maintain these types of systems. If you want to work with landscape lighting experts that are both affordable and highly recommended by commercial and residential clients all over the area, get in touch with Alvis Electrical Inc. today.
Alvis Electrical Inc. has completed hundreds of outdoor lighting installations and we are ready to start collaborating on a design to perfectly accent your home or business today.
Dos and Don’ts of Landscape Lighting
Before you call Alvis Electrical Inc. to start planning your outdoor lighting system, let us review some of the basic principles of landscape lighting to help you form an idea that’s both practical and beautiful.
- Use a variety of intensities throughout the property to give a sense of texture and depth.
- Think about shadow as well as light because the interplay between the two elements is an essential part of creating atmosphere.
- Choose LED lights for your landscape lighting because they offer an extremely long service life.
- Don’t only light walkways, patios and trees. Doing so can isolate these elements and surround them in an eerie darkness, which can make it difficult to unwind after a long day at work and can also invite vandals towards your commercial building.
- Don’t under-light landscaping features. Using one light to illuminate trees, lawn statues or water features causes harsh shadows that won’t create your desired ambiance.
Contact Us today
Getting your outdoor lighting perfect is about as difficult to do as wiring it all yourself. So, spare yourself the headache and let Alvis Electrical Inc.’s experts design, install and maintain your residential or commercial property’s landscape lighting.